Viroqua Area Montessori School is a charter school that shares a campus with the Viroqua Elementary School in Viroqua, WI. We opened in the fall of 2014. For the 2015-16 school year we will have three multi-age classrooms serving 4-K through 4th grade and our school will ultimately grow to serve 4-K through 6th grade students.
“Only through freedom and environmental experience is it practically possible for human development to occur.”
– Maria Montessori
Viroqua Area Montessori School will educate and inspire elementary children of various learning styles by providing a student centered, self-directed, hands-on, multi-age school environment based upon the Montessori philosophy.
- Create a community of learners whose social and academic needs are met through an innovative Montessori curriculum, aligned with Wisconsin Common Core Standards, that empowers students to learn by engaging the resources, issues, and people of the Viroqua community and surrounding area.
- Create a Montessori learning environment to advance student inquiry, engage personalized learning and be compatible with student learning styles.
- Build collaborative inquiry learning classrooms and a climate that results in solid literacy and language achievement while developing life-long learning skills and capacity.
- Promote a life-long love of learning in all students.
- Foster deeper connections in our rural small town of Viroqua and the surrounding communities.
- Provide a safe and nurturing environment that allows for the development of self-confidence, self-discipline, cooperation, responsibility, and self-directed learning.
- Provide students with a solid foundation in humanitarianism and peace.